Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Envy 20 weeks plus a day or 2

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  HarvestMoon 
#1 ·
It has become very evident, I have done very little "formal" training with this little nut :D Trying to stack her with chicken resulted in...hmm...FUN I think for her, frustration for me and almost falling off my table. I resorted to PB on a spoon. Somehow it got on my sweatshirt??

Can I hold the food ANY higher?

Her littermate Halo, which is the other one I almost kept. She used the AKC name I almost used and was going to call her Envy :) She's a fantastic mover and I'm really happy with this litter as an owner and stud dog owner :)

See less See more
#9 ·
I think she does - same style. She has a straighter upper arm and doesn't have the forechest. The dam was linebred and Havoc's grandfather is that same line. Excuse more crappy stacked pics :) Havoc at 18.5 weeks

Havoc has been bred several times to unrelated bitches. It's been interesting to see them grow up. They are all slightly different.

#3 ·
I found a neat concept for helping stack puppies. It's called "Lickety Sticks" it's like a deodorant roll-on bottle with the ball in it. Inside the bottle is a liver or chicken flavoured liquid that they lick of a bit at a time. It keeps them from biting at it, makes it easier for you to control the amount they can lick off at once without losing fingers to happy puppy teeth! LOL

What a beautiful pup!! :)

#4 ·
Know nothing of vizsla conformation, just know I love their looks

Pretty girls...love the color of the breed.

One question I've always wondered...what is the reason for the length of the tail? To me there is not enough cut off to make it worth doing, but figure there is a reason for the length in the history somewhere.

#7 ·

The end of the tail is very weak and gets damaged easily. So it's done to prevent injury especially with the dogs who hunt. Since tails are done at 1-3 days, a breeder won't know which dogs might be going to hunting homes, etc. so they are all done. I think the length looks silly though myself :)

Reactions: Sherryh and LindaH
#8 ·
Very pretty girls, both of them! I've always liked the breed a lot. And oddly enough, my Dobermans really enjoy playing with them too. Not sure what it is about them, but when they see a Vizsla they both get really happy and want to play.

Reactions: Sherryh and Adara
#14 ·
Envy looks beautiful, as does her sister! And isn't it amazing how the time flies with these puppies. I can really relate to your comment about the formal training. I too realized I have not done as much as I had hoped in certain areas w/ Gidget. She is getting pretty good stacking on her grooming table but I've done pretty much no gaiting or free stacking. Gotta get on it! LOL

And I just want to add that it was so nice to meet you in person at Indio last week! I'm really glad I took at chance on my guess that it was you and said hi. I wish I could have met Envy and Havoc too! Hope to bump into you at another show one of these days. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.