Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Please welcome new baby girl - Bruda Around The World Kelly

59K views 407 replies 125 participants last post by  MeadowCat 
#1 · (Edited)
It is with great dober pleasure, to announce & share our new family addition...KELLY...at 9.5 weeks old.
Last Friday we drove from Ontario, Canada, across 3 States to Illinois to get our new baby girl...with Nancy, Andrew (son) and Larry on board.
Friday was 11 hours on the road, stayed overnight in Chicago, off to breeders and back home, another 14 hours Saturday travelling.
- round trip totalling 1950 Km or 1200 miles
- she was great in the car, and we stopped several times / two of us went into a restaurants and one stayed back, to baby sit
- had lots of time to cuddle & bond some, on the loving trip home...and luckily the weather was perfect
I could not have asked for more good luck, we love our Kelly girl dearly.
- Sandra G.Hunter (aka Sandi) has a super clean facility, and 3 adult dobes, sleep in her bedroom at night / very nice and most knowledgeable breeder.

Kelly is from the pairing of:
sire: BISS GCh/Can Ch Lyndobe's Turn On Da Charm WAC CGC
dam: Ch Bruda Up In Spirit
- producding 4 girls & 5 boys = 4 black/5 red pups

FYI - Interview with Sandra G.Hunter, the famous Doberman Breeder, BRUDA DOBERMANS, Illinois USA.
Interview Date : 27th March 2004 Woodstock Dog Training School | Dog Grooming, Dog Breeds, Dog Diet, Dog Health, Training Dogs, Dog Trainers, Dog Trainer, Dog Training School, Dog Training, Dog Obedience Training, Dog Security Training, Dog Grooming Services

Stay tuned - I have lots more pictures, to share...with my DT friends / and puppy "story time" to tell.
(LOL - son taught me how to shrink & link photos, off my new camera, just last night)

Downtown Chicago, photo taken early Saturday morning...checked out before 6:00 am.

Leaving Chicago, photo from Volvo wagon window...3 more hour drive, to see our puppy.

Illinois flat countryside, lots of tall windmill's across one long stretch of hwy...another 45 minute drive, for exciting puppy time.

Mom gets first look, for her new baby - black or red girl, is still the breeders secret.

We always give our son Andrew, 1st honors to hold the family dober puppy.
- he said he will remember this family trip, for the rest of his adult life

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#185 · (Edited)
^^^^ Thks, she has a petite face (we love)...one you can't stop kissing, often...he-he.
The end of her nose, has a good portion of RED on it, so cute....I need to take a picture of it...and post here.

How fun that she got to play in the playground! Thanks for sharing! :)
^^^^ It's kind of a perfect off hours spot, like a private dog park, all to ourselves.
- our son went to grade grade #1-#6 there, starting 25 years ago / not fully fenced back then

Kelly @ home....Dec. 23rd, 2012 = 3.5 months old:
- some PLAY time with TOYS
- some MARROW BONE time
- & our adult son & his little Trevor visits (he is 7 lbs. & 7 years old), on the weekend

#186 ·
Time flies. Kelly has certainly grown. Wow. She is looking so lovely.
At 6 months being so trustworthy off leash, what a clever and well behaved girl.

A visit for Kelly & family could certainly be in order. Zachary loves to play. He has not shown aggression with other dogs. He has such a high play drive! 27 acres of privacy also has its advantages. Now, if we ever get rid of this snow, a play date can be arranged. A bit of a drive from London to Kawartha/Haliburton border.

#188 ·
Time flies. Kelly has certainly grown. Wow. She is looking so lovely.
At 6 months being so trustworthy off leash, what a clever and well behaved girl.

A visit for Kelly & family could certainly be in order. Zachary loves to play. He has not shown aggression with other dogs. He has such a high play drive! 27 acres of privacy also has its advantages. Now, if we ever get rid of this snow, a play date can be arranged. A bit of a drive from London to Kawartha/Haliburton border.
I wish Elza could join a play date with Kelly and Zackary!!
Please make it happen and post the pictures in the future:)

Kelly reminds me Elza's puppy days. They have similar eyes!

#195 · (Edited)
Mom took this pic. of Kelly this morning, as she was "cry-whining" to go for a truck ride & Dad obliged, by inviting her to accompany me to drive to the gas station & back...girl was happy riding "shootgun" in the front seat...he-he...Dad was outside, and Kelly didn't want to stay in the house any longer.

Just purchased a 1 owner 2005 GMC Jimmy 4x4 - full frame SUV, V6-4.3L, 4sp auto, with A/C:
- the Indiglo GM Blue paint is particularly cute, when the sun starts to set in the evening
(reminds me of the 1965-66 Danube blue GM cars some, just lighter / this vehicle is in near mint condition & rust free)

^^^^ Had this 4x4 Jimmy SUV now for 3 weeks, working a few bugs out (trans & engine oil cooler lines leaking so replaced and new spark plugs installed to smooth out the idle just a little.
But all-in-all a like new vehicle (one owner) & a very good used purchase, considering its a 2005 with 146,000 miles (236,000Km)...very pleased so far...impressed actually.

I am use to trucks with poor gas milage & drive a 3/4 ton 4x4 (1998 Chev.) - so when I got 17.8 mpg on the first tank of gas, driving home from the Niagara Falls area, I am thinking "it is what it is"...just got to live with poor fuel econimy.

But in an effort to slightly smooth out the engine idle, I changed all 6 spark plugs to a new set of plugs, I had seen the "E3" ones advertised for a few years with respectfull improvement claims.
- always leery of "snake oil" advertising, I thought "what the heck"...worth a try

So last week the E3 spark plugs went in, and as we took a highway trip on Saturday to visit family (picked up e-bay purchased Ping i20 golf clubs, for our son @ twin bro's place).
- the drive was perfect to evaluate maximum fuel efficiency
- family drive travelled 344.1 Km on 40.008 Litres = 209.9 miles on 8.80 Canadian gallons
(vehicle gas gauge went down from full to 7/16th left)
Calculated MPG CDN = 23.85 on trip #2....with new E3 plugs (+33% better fuel milage)
Calculated MPG CDN = 17.86 on trip #1....with old spark plugs

FYI - Upgraded to E3 spark plugs with Diamond Fire Technology. Quicker Starts, extends engine life, more power, saves gas, reduces emissions, no foul design. Lifetime guarantee. E3 Spark Plugs, featuring E3's advanced DiamondFire electrode design:
E3 Spark Plugs
E3 Spark Plugs - YouTube

#196 ·
Nice looking!!!! Congrats.
Do a throttle body cleaning and clean map or maf sensor.
Of course Kelly is looking great.

My little boy Nubis is currently in hospital after passing a piece of plastic unbeknownest to us and pancreaa attack. He is much better today aftee iv and xrays of intestines keep looking better as we are monitoring and trying to avoid. Exploratory surgery.

Reactions: Beaumont67
#197 · (Edited)
Nice looking!!!! Congrats.
Do a throttle body cleaning and clean map or maf sensor.
Of course Kelly is looking great.

My little boy Nubis is currently in hospital after passing a piece of plastic unbeknownest to us and pancreaa attack. He is much better today after IV and xrays of intestines keep looking better as we are monitoring and trying to avoid. Exploratory surgery.
O'h CRAP - not my Nubbis buddy....poor guy.
Canine Pancreatitis reading: Canine Pancreatitis - Whole Dog Journal Article
^^^^ I fixed one dog with this problem, Vet. Hills kibble & can food formula and their meds never ever did work (for more than a few weeks).
- little dog was getting sicker & sicker
FYI - there is a company in your GTA area making balanced raw/barf TV dinners and species specific meat parts.
Please PM (e-mail) me at home or phone me directly, if you need help...going off kibble, is not cheap...sometimes its all that works though.

Also, the SUV had a recent oil change, soon it will get the long life 25,000 mile "super premium" syn. Amsoil oil filter after a deposit flush (w/Amsoil cleaner) and topped off with AMSOIL synthetic 5W-30 motor oil.
- will change oil @ 20,000 Km instead of cheap oil changes at 3000 miles...much better engine protection and save $$
I switched my brother and his 2 sons onto the Amsoil secret, he is getting 3.1% improved milage on his 2000 Jeep TJ (switch from Mobile-1).
- his kids with small Japanese cars, are getting an extra 50 Km driving distance free per full tank of gas
- my wife Volvo and my big 4x4 truck, just changed over to Amsoil, a month ago
I am a big fan of a product called Sea Foam, gas stablizer and injector/carb cleaner..for all 2 or 4 stroke engines...even helps to add little to the engine oil, as a carbon deposit cleaner.

#199 ·
Just stopped by to get a Kelly fix. She is so pretty and what a doll. She is a lucky girl, lives a good life!

#200 · (Edited)
River & Chatty ^^^^ Thks & me bad, but more photos to come...dear friends !!

2 weekends ago, our son Andrew & his Mr. "T" (aka 7 pound Trevor)...was over visiting, for one of Dad's extra-famous BBQs.
- judging from both dog reactions...supper was a big hit, for all...Kelly sure getting into the tasty "grilled meat" perk moments
- next our little mans turn
Big & small dog, is fully trained...NOT to swipe food off the "in-use" plates, until the last lick is finally offered up !!...:roflmao:
- mom and dad, loves Trevor...like our own, he is a hoot and our close shadow

#202 · (Edited)
Some random puppy photos, taken a few months ago - Kelly at 7 months old here.
- continuing with good socialization, every chance we get

Dad stopped to chat to a former co-worker, on our way home:

Out in public, Kelly likes to get spoiled with much attention.
In some of the shops, funny to see her running around and snooping...he-he...especially in their warehouses.
- when we are driving, puppy will growl from the front seat...focusing her attention on unknown people on the sidewalks...but its getting better

This is at the local GM Dealership waiting room, next to the parts/service departments:

#207 · (Edited)
^^^^ Thks a bunch...our last girl Amy & now Kelly, both had real shinny coats with almost no hair loss.
- last 2 dogs get fed a 50/50 blend of Holistic-Blend (all life stages) of Lamb & Rice/Chicken formula...plus weekly marrow bones

Kelly is one alert girl with rather high drive (intense at times)...I noticed the first time her hackles went up, she was only 10 weeks old.
I told our breeder (Sandi) and she said her red grandmother was the same, one heck of a watch dog and family protector.

OMG! Love the banana pictures. absolutely adorable!:D
We all see Kelly running around with the banana in her mouth, as happy as can be.
My first thoughts were, "holly crap, she got into someone's lunch bag".
So I went to pay for the damage, until I learned Kelly was garbage can diving...:roflmao:...the girl has a real good nose, for scent.
- a funny / priceless puppy moment

#205 · (Edited)
Kelly sure likes it when Dad has to buy electrical supplies - nice staff, offices to explore and a warehouse to freely run around in.
- age 7 months here

Kelly loves this guy, he always fusses with her.

Kelly not sticking around this office, the guy won't stop working...I'm out of here.

Kelly stole a banana from the office lady, the crew was laughing their heads off when it was discovered puppy took it out of a garbage can.
- being too ripe, it was discarded after lunch.

Dad, please let me keep this banana....ok.

That banana was very tasty Dad, now time to rest my belly.

#209 · (Edited)
flaminscotch - you are so kind, as always...a family I'd love to personally meet (someday) and share our dobes together - with each other in "cottage play".
I've learned here, your heart is golden.
- and maybe you could give me a gentle horse ride...:D
- it would be my honor, if our paths ever crossed / Chaos & Kelly would hit it off...this I know
Having Kelly with her Dad 24/7, is indeed my thrill in retired life...always a best buddy, around me.
- sometimes, she has her own mind made up, but we are working on my way of thinking (most times)...he-he

Re...her personality, curious, bright, confident, and a little saucy !!
- the banana was a real LOL moment / she did look to me, for a second opinion & Dad was thrilled in her smarts...which ended in my 4x4 GMC, pealing a darn soft banana
- all worth it, even though my hand was all slippery...peeling it open

P.S. - since I like to save a few training messages...and get PM's for help, occasionally from others / I am saving the following & my recent post here:

Initially, command training a puppy, is not big, on my part...canine recognition of our English, takes some time...sentences even more.
(as I don't typically treat train)
- like if someone dropped me off in France or Italy, the language barrier would leave me go hungry without a roof over my head, at night...for a while
So toy fetch and muzzle control/soft bite is where my early effort lies +++socialization +off-leash work.
- below is partially related to this topic, so I will share it
Quote:...Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Three socializations I work with a puppy on, from day1:
a) Enviroment - 1000x, different places, various landscapes, objects & noises
b) People Interaction - 200x, of all ages
c) Canine Play - 10x, all breeds & sizes of different dogs

^^^^ I practice a) & b) as very high priority and take c) when it comes.
- if a) & b) is poorly excuted, c) probably won't fair much better
My young dobes don't go to puppy class ever, or kennels or dog parks either / they are issolated from mistakes with other dogs, as much as possible.

I place much less training emphasis on early puppy socialization with other dogs, because the bulk of my early work focuses more on the whole picture
Building a foundation, that accepts new situations & encounters, easily and confidently.
- so I don't go out of my way to find lots of c) at the expense of equally listed a) & b)...and I havn't end up with any socialization problems in any of my dobes

#213 · (Edited)
^^^^ Our old girl Amy loved bananas sliced up in milk & cheerios cereal, shared with mom some nights before bed time.
Kelly frequently gets a half an apple, in the early morning as a treat...but she really loves banana & goes nuts over green pee pods thrown on her blanket (every morning).

Oh, that picture of Kelly in the Jimmy makes me miss my blue Blazer that we lost in an accident:...........And now is the time, Beaumont67 to thank you for helping me with the new car decision...with your excellent knowledge and advice!.....:thanx:
^^^^ I bought the 2005 Jimmy SUV 4x4 just South of Niagara Falls, with 236,000Km/146,000miles on the 4.3L V6...at a great $$.
(full frame vehicle with 5000 lb. tow package & AC even works)
- one owner and still runs and drives, like it was new...totally rust free, plus interior carpet & seats perfect
I have half of the back seat folded down flat for Kelly, making it a 3 passenger vehicle now.

dobedream - Glad you got the nice Nissan SUV, they are built with total quality & good engineering...I'm sure Roxy likes it, driving in style & safety.
- will serve your family very well / glad I could help you out...in used vehicle selection
- ever need another vehicle again & not in a total rush, just contact me and I'll see what I can do for you
- I have been in the car hobby long enough, to tell a lemon from a cream puff

Right now I am hoping to sell our mint 2002 Volvo V70 wagon and upgrade to a 2007 FJ 4X4 Toyota SUV.
- my dealer buddy may have a loaded one with 75,000Km being traded in shortly...keeping fingers & paws crossed

#211 ·
Oh, that picture of Kelly in the Jimmy makes me miss my blue Blazer that we lost in an accident:

But now Roxy has new wheels:

And now is the time, Beaumont67 to thank you for helping me with the new car decision...with your excellent knowledge and advice!
:thanx:

#212 ·
Kelly's looking great! She's learning the fine art of dumpster diving too. Lemme pull something out of a trash can and then look adorable so that I can eat it. She's a clever girl!

I like your posts on socializing a puppy. People really need to do that, especially with the rash of folks in my area thinking that a dog won't protect you unless you isolate it. It's the opposite- a well socialized dog knows how to recognize a good person or situation from a bad one. They won't learn that judgment unless they have the chance to meet people, dogs, and are exposed to many different situations. I can definitely tell the difference between my Logan (who wasn't socialized young) and Griffin (who clearly was socialized as a pup). Logan came home with me at 2 years, Griffin at 3 years. There was a world of difference in how they acted.

Thanks for the updates. :D

#214 ·
If I remember correctly, Kelly is a Spirit puppy, right?

It doesn't surprise me if Kelly is very alert and intense....grandma Savannah passed that on to her kids, and Spirit has that in spades. I can always tell a Bruda dog that goes back to Savannah. Kelly's uncle Rocket has the same intensity. Keeps things interesting. ;)

I always like to see what Kelly is up to!

#219 · (Edited)
Hi noodlerubyallie & yes Kelly's mother is Spirit (Bruda lady), and father is Turner out of MI.
- thank you so much, for providing me a name to her special GrandMa and nice to hear of your similar Robert, & our puppies Uncle...she gets it honestly

Since I've had dober puppies since 1977...Kelly I thought had a more true linage drive (from the beginning) as reflected back to the German founder.
- she is one tough bitch...:D...that I have grown to love & respect, her strengths / keeps me on my toes & still learning, to this day
- back hackles 1st up at 10 weeks young or shaking a toy & winging the side of her head off the oak coffee table never bothered her, even for a second

PS - I have several rubber football photos, to update soon...Kelly steals the damaged toy off the next door neighbors front lawn...they think its funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.