Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

"Daisy" dogs? WTF?

7K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  Leliel 
#1 ·
So today I saw a client who said she has a "Daisy" dog. She could probably tell by the completely clueless look on my face that I had no idea what she was talking about. Was that the dog's name or something?

No, she proceeded to tell me that its from a breeder who mixes like 4 other breeds together and calls it a "Daisy" dog. But when asked, the breeder won't say which breeds.

So by this point in the conversation I am completely blown away by the stupidity of someone who would buy a mixed breed mutt by someone who actually breeds them on purpose. I mean seriously, go down to your local shelter and save a life for god's sake.

Of course I wasn't really in a position to launch into my usual BYB/greeder tirade considering I was on the clock. Oh it cost me everything I had to hold my tongue...

Anyway, I got home and googled it. Here's the website: Daisy Dogs - Exclusively By Jennifer Peterson

Has anyone ever heard of this?

#38 ·
I couldn't read it all the way through. It made me sick. Burns, you go! I am not expert, but even I recognize stupid. There are those where I work for example..one guy inherited his son's male and female Dobermans. Yeah, the son was going to get rich breeding. I think after this last litter that the guy gave away to the Kansas Doberman Rescue or something like that, I think the bitch has been spayed. :(

#42 ·
People are just so stupid sometimes. Nice but gullible. You can blame PETA and HSUS on this one though. Their campaign that mutts are healthier and blah blah opened the doors for these breeders to market their mistakes as superior to a purebred. The real problem is that there is NO support for these people when they get their puppy home unlike when you go to a reputable breeder that is there for you. I see it with my clients, who hire me to train their dogs. Case in point, ironically "Daisy" a boston/eng bulldog mix. They paid 1000$ for a mutt! She is a sweet heart and I love her to death and shes coming along great but shes a MUTT! They are really nice people just VERY uneducated when it come to dogs in general. They get it now after me lecturing them but they aren't going to get rid of their dog. So all we can do is educate and help when people do stupid things.
Mike Kelly
PS- This woman with these Daisy dogs is just greedy and has no real clue as to how the genetics of dogs work! It is infuriating.

#46 ·
just heard of friend's neighbour who paid $1500 for a supposedly pure Australian terrier to be shipped from interstate to them...after 6 months it's become obvious to them that the dog is a x breeding of some sort....but they've bonded with it now. It's highly likely it's a puppy mill mutt....hopefully this taught them a practical lesson in how not to do it. (albeit an expensive lesson....but sometimes they're the best sort).

fools and their money..... seems to be so many of them just asking to be conned...I'd be rich if I didn't have a conscience and morals.

#47 ·
LOL! Yes, fools and their money! I had a woman some years ago come to class with what she said was a Puggle, back when that was a brand new thing... she had paid $2000 for it, and had it shipped from Texas to Michigan. It was... ummm... BRINDLE! Wasn't even the right mutt LOL!

On a gratifying note, a woman in the store today told me she had a "mixed-breed Daisy Dog"... she was sort of surprised when I was so pleased by her reference.

#48 ·
On a gratifying note, a woman in the store today told me she had a "mixed-breed Daisy Dog"... she was sort of surprised when I was so pleased by her reference.
LOL too funny! At least she recognizes its a mixed breed, though that probably didn't stop her from dropping 1k on it :rolleyesww:

#49 ·
The dumb and gullible who buy these dogs do it so that they can have something "unique" or "special". They're the ones who tote the dog everywhere in hopes someone will ask them about the dog and then they can impress and flaunt what they have or what they think they have. I think it's kind of a keep up with the Joneses mentality. The dog props up their egos and gives them a sense of worth.

Like a knock off purse. They hope no one realizes it's not the real deal.

#51 ·
Oh, do not get me started again.

I was so angry that sh!t actually came up on google, but not surprised.

Now I'm seeing people cross their little "hybrid dogs" *gag* to other little "hybrid designer dogs," and THEN they try to make up a name with bits of all four to seventeen breeds involved.

It makes me want to smash bricks into their faces.

And the wonderful thought that goes into these "designs." I mean, at least the above-mentioned idgit is presumably sticking to all small breed primarily companion dogs.

My two favorite crosses spotted lately are, in no particular order:

1. Siberian Husky crossed with Boston Terrier.

2. Rhodesian Ridgeback crossed with Shih Tzu.

Yup.

I am sure with a lot of thought and effort we could come up with crosses that make even less sense, but it would take some work.

#55 ·
VZ, AI was my guess, also.

By the way, what the heck is a Toy Copica/s? I don't really feel like googling it.

Reactions: Burns
#56 ·
Reactions: Burns
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.