Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Meet my new fuzzy pup!

2K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Shell81 
#1 · (Edited)
In three days I fly out to Ontario to pick up the new member of our family! I am kind of terrified at the whole idea of flying all alone and staying at puppy's breeder's house for the weekend, but at the same time I am also very excited!

Puppy doesn't have a name yet. I was thinking 'River' until I was talking to my Dobes' breeder on the phone last night and she thinks it might be too similar sounding to Ripley, so we'll see. Once I have her home and get to know her a bit I'll decide on a name 100%. There are a couple other ones I've been tossing around too.

She is 10 weeks old, born at the end of September (on my birthday! Not that that matters, but it's a fun fact haha). Her breeder doesn't let her puppies go until after 9 weeks. I am beyond excited for this puppy! There is a reason I'm trying to put all my shyness behind me to hop on a plane all alone to meet people I've never met and stay at their house LOL. I've loved Aussies for years and years, and really wanted an Aussie as my first dog back when I was just a kid. Then my Toller/Border Collie mix landed in our laps, and dad said no to a purebred herding breed of any kind anyway, and then of course I got Dance, and so this Aussie puppy feels like a dream come true. I am so grateful and thankful to her breeder for allowing me to have a puppy from this litter - I thought I might have to wait for her next litter, which would have been awesome too, but I love this litter and the timing is really good. Her breeder has been nothing but genuine and nice, and is incredibly thorough and my experience with her has been amazing thus far. The puppy she's chosen to join me sounds perfect for all that I've been wanting and hoping for a in a dog, and I am so looking forward to my future with her! I have all kinds of fun things planned.

I think she's pretty perfect! Her only imperfection is that she's not red haha. But colour was not a priority at all, and her breeder places puppies based on temperament of course. And funny enough, for as much as I love red dogs and was hoping for one of the red girls (the other three girls were red merle and red tri), I suddenly find myself enthralled with black bi and tri Aussies. They're so classy looking. I absolutely love everything about my puppy and am so excited to finally have her home. Here's hoping the flight there and back, and the stay at her breeder's house, all goes really well! I'm sure it will, but it's a nervewracking new experience for sure.

See less See more
#32 ·
I know Milton :) Not too far from me. Wouldn't be her though if she hasn't been breeding long, as I've been home with my kids for about 4 years now. Good to see new AND reputable Aussie breeders! Good luck with your trip, should you end up needing anything while in the Toronto area shoot me a PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.