Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

update

8K views 102 replies 26 participants last post by  falnfenix 
#1 ·
For anyone who actually cares i just wanted to say the pups are doing good and healthy now. Loki being 7 weeks and Jynx being 9 weeks (i think) havent really kepted up with dates been busy. They both have a clean bill of health as of right now. Jynx still hates her kennel when im not home. I guess she will eventually adapt. She is super smart and is learning quickly on house training. Got aways to go with her though as far as introducing her to new things. She did display some food aggression the last couple days which i quickly got under control. She no longer is growling i just have to keep a eye on that so she knows its not okay behavior. (its only with other dogs) I changed up there diet because i thought she looked alittle thin but the vet said she is perfect weight blah. But i switched her to a large breed puppy formula instead of a regular puppy formula and thats when the food aggression occurred i think she likes the new food. Loki goes to my friend in a week. If i wasnt against owning a male i would keep him but she has been waiting patiently and coming over for play time with him to bond.

I was up in northern arkansas the other day and was within 30 minutes of there breeder so i called him and asked to see his remaining puppies (since he has been advertising them, people must have backed out) once again he met me at the gas station with a litter (loki's litter in the back of his truck) 4 puppies in total i believe. They climbed under his toolbox scared and he was grabing them out by there hind legs and dangling them in the air. There skin and bones. They have mucousy blood specs in there poop. probably the worms and coccsidia. The little runt was acting funny and had this huge knot on her head. I was feeling it and he didnt even know so i brought it to his attention. He said the mother had been biting them and probably bit her in the head. I think she had a fractured skull. I wanted so bad to take her home but he wouldnt give her away. So i resisted and left. he said he was meeting other people there to look at pups too. so tomarrow im calling AC again so maybe just maybe they will go out to one of these addresses i got and see her and maybe get her the medical help and the rest of the puppies the help they need.

you can bash me all everyone wants for even considering taken that poor girl but she was in bad shape. But i wasnt about to pay for her and and the probably thousonds of dollars in medical bills like poor halla's story :(

See less See more
#38 ·
Im sorry im entitled to my opinions about arkansas. I will be moving out of this state first chance i get. I cant comment about northern arkansas to much but down in southern arkansas its bad all the way around. not only for animals you see people beating on there kids in public. doing drugs deals. People walking down my street with loaded rifles (in town may i add). Just bad all the way around. Im actually getting ready to look up the number to call now. Was up late last nite and only been awake a hour then im off to a doctors appointment so probably wont be back on til tonite.

#41 ·
Well i cant talk about any other states but the state i was born and raised in wasnt like this at all. NEVER did i see unwanted animals there. If there was a stray there was a owner to claim him or her. Animals shelters werent over flowing. Yes there was puppy mills and byb but far and inbetween. Ive never see any state like this that just dont care. You can buy any purebred papers puppy or dog you want for 100.00 here because everyone breeds so many that 50% of them end up living on the streets cause there to many and not enough homes. My county animal control (no humane society) doesnt even offer adoptions after 3 days (yes 3 days) there put down. So if they end up there and there is no owners there fate is sealed they dont even have a chance to be put up for adoption. I did speak with the animal control officer and asked what if someone wanted to adopt a dog he said he would just give them away with no fee's applications or anything just so he dont have to put them down. My one vet does more for animals then this county does far as strays and rehoming. Its sad but its the truth.

I did call again and as i expected they kinda made me feel like i was nuts. They asked if i was to his home what type of home it was and i told them i wasnt to his home he met me at a gas station. they said did you actually see the puppies or did you just hear there this way. I told them i SEEN the puppies and they need vet care. They didnt take his name. Only his address and send they will send AC to take a look

#46 ·
Well i cant talk about any other states but the state i was born and raised in wasnt like this at all. NEVER did i see unwanted animals there. If there was a stray there was a owner to claim him or her. Animals shelters werent over flowing. Yes there was puppy mills and byb but far and inbetween. Ive never see any state like this that just dont care. You can buy any purebred papers puppy or dog you want for 100.00 here because everyone breeds so many that 50% of them end up living on the streets cause there to many and not enough homes. My county animal control (no humane society) doesnt even offer adoptions after 3 days (yes 3 days) there put down. So if they end up there and there is no owners there fate is sealed they dont even have a chance to be put up for adoption. I did speak with the animal control officer and asked what if someone wanted to adopt a dog he said he would just give them away with no fee's applications or anything just so he dont have to put them down. My one vet does more for animals then this county does far as strays and rehoming. Its sad but its the truth.
You appear to be so appalled, yet don't feel motivated to make a change? This doesn't make sense...Every post you have about him paints him in a worse and worse light, yet then you go on to state that you would buy off him again.

Out of curiosity, because you know him better than us, how much do you suppose that he has invested into his litter? I'm talking money-wise. Assume that he invested $100. Realistically, based upon what you've told us, it sounds like it would be around there. Now suppose that you paid him $100 for the two puppies, which based on what you've said in the past, sounds about right if not more. So, I guess any puppy from that litter that he sells here after is profit. I guess you've just helped him pay for his litter and even helped to put a little money in his pockets. I don't understand why that is such a difficult concept to grasp.

I know that you've heard this all a hundred times before. Do you know why? Because we're all hoping that we say the one thing that you need to hear to understand and acknowledge that what you've done is wrong. But you haven't.

Sigghh, I'm so sorry that you aren't grasping this. It's frustrating for you and me alike, believe me.

#45 ·
Ok, Im just wanting attention. Thats it you caught me. I normally carry cameras in my car and im sure the breeder would allow someone to take photos of the puppies and not buy for the pure enjoyment that i admire his dogs.
Yes im being sarcastic. Being real now do puppy mills allow people to take pictures of there dogs and kennels? Do you carry cameras in your car at all times? I dont even OWN a camera just my cheap cell phone thats terrible for picture taking. Im sorry i didnt feel the need to pile heeps of photos of skinny mistreated puppies so everyone knows these puppies exist. Im sorry i wont travel 6 hour round trip out of my way for some under cover sting operation that AC wont even do to begin with. Ive did all i can do for those remaining puppies and there mothers and sire. If people feel more can be done ive already said who the breeder was. Feel free to do whatever more can be done because the truth is nothing more can be done then having AC investigate it and see for themselfs. There no way animal control (i wouldnt think) would give you details on there finding and what is being done anyways.

#47 ·
Ok, Im just wanting attention. Thats it you caught me. I normally carry cameras in my car and im sure the breeder would allow someone to take photos of the puppies and not buy for the pure enjoyment that i admire his dogs.
Yes im being sarcastic. Being real now do puppy mills allow people to take pictures of there dogs and kennels? Do you carry cameras in your car at all times? I dont even OWN a camera just my cheap cell phone thats terrible for picture taking. Im sorry i didnt feel the need to pile heeps of photos of skinny mistreated puppies so everyone knows these puppies exist. Im sorry i wont travel 6 hour round trip out of my way for some under cover sting operation that AC wont even do to begin with. Ive did all i can do for those remaining puppies and there mothers and sire. If people feel more can be done ive already said who the breeder was. Feel free to do whatever more can be done because the truth is nothing more can be done then having AC investigate it and see for themselfs. There no way animal control (i wouldnt think) would give you details on there finding and what is being done anyways.
MOST cell phones have cameras, crappy or not! and there you just said it there...you HAVE a camera.

#48 ·
I get what your saying. I didnt say id BUY more puppies from him i said i would buy more puppies if i knew they were in risk of dieing if i did not to make THOSE puppies lifes better. Im sorry its just how i think. Its like a broken record here but helping a rescue the dogs in danger came first. Most of the rescues i know of purchased animals out of bad situations. So that is where im coming from because i seen the difference in the end that those dogs and puppy ended up loved and cared for. The humane society and rescues piled up a huge amount of money to buy over 400 puppy mill dogs a 5-6yrs ago. It was on the news. She agree'd to stop breeding if they bought her dogs. I doubt she did. I think as people are saying that gave her money for NEW breeding stock. They couldnt legally shut them down because they were USDA and followed all guidelines.

I get the point. yes i was shocked by the conditions of the puppies more so this second time around then the first. However i cant go take the dogs. Only person(s) that can make the call to do anything is AC which was notified again today. That is where im coming from and i guess some people dont see it in the light i see it. I cant steal the dogs. I cant force him to give the puppies and adults to me. I cant force someone to stop breeding.

#49 ·
On the subject of cost. Besides dog food (which he admitted his dobies are LEANER because he dont feed them as much as he should) he has no cost involved in the litter. $100 a puppy is pure profit. Not much IMO but still profit. He doesnt worm or give shots. Not even 12.00 kennel supply shots.

#52 ·
Well maybe those few "good" people should try and investigate that breeder and help do something about it? since apparently i have not did enough.
have not DONE enough...and also, you have not named this person so none of us can help anyways. I think you just don't want to do anything about it because you don't actually care. most of was crap coming out of your mouth about "rescuing" I think you mean, supporting a byb. you obviously do not care as you have stated in so many words in previous posts.

#53 ·
KF,

I don't post a lot. I have attempted to read through all of this and I have only one question. How old are you?

That is not meant in to be mean-spirited in any way. Your arguments and repetitive need for validation say to me that you are likely fairly young.

You have received some advice here from folks with a staggering amount of collective knowledge and experience. Instead of taking any of it to heart, you have dug in and done the Internet equivelent of stamping your feet and putting your fingers in your ears.

I remember being 19; wow was I smart! I knew everything! Sure wish I were still that smart now at 43, but I have learned that the older I get, the more there is to learn. Since you already have all the answers, there is really little point in continuing this discussion.

I do hope one day that you can look back on this and "get" that you aren't being picked on, but educated.

I wish those puppies well. We all do.

~Bev~

#54 ·
I don't post a lot. I have attempted to read through all of this and I have only one question. How old are you?

That is not meant in to be mean-spirited in any way. Your arguments and repetitive need for validation say to me that you are likely fairly young.
I'm glad you asked this because I've been curious too.
Though, last time I asked a member how old they were, because I would have put money on them being 17 or younger, they turned out to be something like 42..

#60 ·
The age thing is really no excuse. At age 19 I owned my own home, worked full time and went to college full time. I also saw my first "true" puppymill at that age and it horrified me so bad that I actually DID somethign about it. I did everything I could to get the place shut down. They were (minimally) investigated and processed for further punishment. Today, they are no longer using and abusing the HUNDREDS of innocent angels I witnessed and not taking anyone else's money for their wrong doing. It took me a lot of headaches, heartaches, care and concern to follow through and stay on top of it, but when you see something SO wrong and DO NOTHING, SHAME ON YOU!

#61 ·
& just in case anybody is wondering, yes I was headed to purchase a backyard bred puppy, but when I got there and saw the monstrosity and countless number of animals on site including the conditions they were in and medical problems they were facing, I immediately said "no thank you" and proceeded to drive away with no second thought of whether I should have purchased from the scum I just met. There was, of course, sadness and tears rolling down my face for the poor dogs that I left behind, but there was no way in hell I would have given her my money. On my way down the very long dirt road driveway, I did in fact do something a bit courageous that I am not too proud of. There was a heard of "free-roaming" dogs (variety of breeds, each that were apparently unable to reproduce so they did not live in the kennel areas with the breeding dogs), anyway, the pack followed me quite a way down the driveway and two actually kept following me. When I was out of sight of the home/kennel/mill/hell, I opened my car door and two dogs jumped in. ( an older adult pomeranian and an adult minpin) At that time I drove faster and didnt look back!

To this day, my mother still has the pom and I adopted out the minpin. There was NO money exchange; yes there was theft and, like I said, not my proudest moment, but I would have felt a whole lot worse about myself had I actually given money to support such discusting people.

#62 ·
To this day, my mother still has the pom and I adopted out the minpin. There was NO money exchange; yes there was theft and, like I said, not my proudest moment, but I would have felt a whole lot worse about myself had I actually given money to support such discusting people.
[SNIP]

Theft? Nah, sometimes when it rains abused dogs just grow in the least likely places. ;)

As to your story above, GOOD ON YOU! Now if the law had some teeth and AC some funding. All I want or Christmas... *sigh*

Bev

#63 ·
theft is a bit extreme dont you think? What if those dogs didnt even BELONG to that specific kennel and got loose and wandered there due to the other dogs? You could have stolen some kids or families pet. Stealing in my book regardless of the reason is just wrong. im waiting for replies saying it was better that way and this is supposed to be educational forum yet the standard is set to steal dogs?

Everyone has there rights to opinions just like i have mine. The state i grew up in was a great state with great laws in place for animals and there wasnt this issue there. Moved to arkansas and im appalled by the conditions of everything. I went to my uncles renters house today to collect the rent for him since they live no more then a mile from me. A guy walked up and said you didnt hear this from me but they have dead and dying cats in there closet. Theres tons of dead animals in the closet and i called animal control and they dont do nothing for cat. I told my uncle and he called the AC he called the animal activist in town. They said nothing they can do about cats. So he is evicting her. He went over there and she would not allow him into the property to see for himself and says its not true. But then why not just let him see?

That is MY view of arkansas. Its dead end streets everywhere when it comes to animals IN SOUTHERN arkansas. I have not made trips to far northern arkansas so i cannot comment there. I can only express how i feel about arkansas in the southern part.

I dont understand why my age matters but im 23. I own my own house as well. Finacially stable. I may not be going to college but i dont see what that would matter. I have posted his name as well as other members of this forum. To the person who said i never gave the information. Im just done on this subject. If anyone else feels like beating there heads into brick walls trying to get something done be my guest.

#64 ·
theft is a bit extreme dont you think? What if those dogs didnt even BELONG to that specific kennel and got loose and wandered there due to the other dogs? You could have stolen some kids or families pet. Stealing in my book regardless of the reason is just wrong. im waiting for replies saying it was better that way and this is supposed to be educational forum yet the standard is set to steal dogs?

Everyone has there rights to opinions just like i have mine. The state i grew up in was a great state with great laws in place for animals and there wasnt this issue there. Moved to arkansas and im appalled by the conditions of everything. I went to my uncles renters house today to collect the rent for him since they live no more then a mile from me. A guy walked up and said you didnt hear this from me but they have dead and dying cats in there closet. Theres tons of dead animals in the closet and i called animal control and they dont do nothing for cat. I told my uncle and he called the AC he called the animal activist in town. They said nothing they can do about cats. So he is evicting her. He went over there and she would not allow him into the property to see for himself and says its not true. But then why not just let him see?

That is MY view of arkansas. Its dead end streets everywhere when it comes to animals IN SOUTHERN arkansas. I have not made trips to far northern arkansas so i cannot comment there. I can only express how i feel about arkansas in the southern part.

I dont understand why my age matters but im 23. I own my own house as well. Finacially stable. I may not be going to college but i dont see what that would matter. I have posted his name as well as other members of this forum. To the person who said i never gave the information. Im just done on this subject. If anyone else feels like beating there heads into brick walls trying to get something done be my guest.
I HIGHLY doubt that this is true...i call BS!

#69 ·
while ur at it ask if they have a open pound for adoptions. Ask them how long they hold pets before putting them down
Just spoke with dispatch...guess what! They said animal control does look into ALL claims of animal abuse/neglect no matter what the species. They said animal control is currently off duty and will be back tomorrow morning at 6am. I will be calling to speak with an AC officer at that time and to get more information on making reports about cats.

#73 ·
I just called. It sounded like a lady in her 40-50s and she said we generally dont take calls for cats. I said well someone just said they called and they said they take cases for abuse no matter if it is a cat. She said well you can call back in the morning and speak with him at 8am and see if he will or will not. But i dont think he will handle issues involving cats. So i told my uncle to call and speak directly to pate himself in the AM.

#76 ·
you're so full of it. I give up at this point, I specifically asked if they took reports and investigated reports of neglect/abuse for cats, guess what? she said yes and so did the other officer. I heard what I heard from dispatch and another officer so keep on telling yourself you are right. how about doing something yourself about the cat problem, if it truly is your uncles house he can enter at any time that he wants to with given notice to the tenants. Go look and see if there are dead cats in their closets, go look in their yard for cats, just go see for yourself instead of posting about potential abuse on the forum. put your big girl panties on and deal with it yourself instead of putting it here and trying to get attention! my god!!!

#78 ·
I call BS on Rally. I do not believe they called what so ever. Because I CALLED just after him and they told me they dont handle cats. So whatever. Im done trying to prove what i say is factual because when i provide proof it is never good enough because people are living in a fantasy fairy tale that this world is free of animal problems.

Well goodluck with your fantasy worlds. i live in reality. Where things arent painted as nice as the dream world. Im done with this forum. This forum is not for me. Who knows maybe in a few years ill be the BYB near you! Goodluck.

p.s. i am a girl so yes im wearing panties want a description. To bad... Im done with these forums.

#90 ·
Knowing people who live in Arkansas and having been there before, I find it extremely hard to believe that "noone cares about animals" as the OP said. However since they have left the forum it is pointless to say any more than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.