Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

update

8K views 102 replies 26 participants last post by  falnfenix 
#1 ·
For anyone who actually cares i just wanted to say the pups are doing good and healthy now. Loki being 7 weeks and Jynx being 9 weeks (i think) havent really kepted up with dates been busy. They both have a clean bill of health as of right now. Jynx still hates her kennel when im not home. I guess she will eventually adapt. She is super smart and is learning quickly on house training. Got aways to go with her though as far as introducing her to new things. She did display some food aggression the last couple days which i quickly got under control. She no longer is growling i just have to keep a eye on that so she knows its not okay behavior. (its only with other dogs) I changed up there diet because i thought she looked alittle thin but the vet said she is perfect weight blah. But i switched her to a large breed puppy formula instead of a regular puppy formula and thats when the food aggression occurred i think she likes the new food. Loki goes to my friend in a week. If i wasnt against owning a male i would keep him but she has been waiting patiently and coming over for play time with him to bond.

I was up in northern arkansas the other day and was within 30 minutes of there breeder so i called him and asked to see his remaining puppies (since he has been advertising them, people must have backed out) once again he met me at the gas station with a litter (loki's litter in the back of his truck) 4 puppies in total i believe. They climbed under his toolbox scared and he was grabing them out by there hind legs and dangling them in the air. There skin and bones. They have mucousy blood specs in there poop. probably the worms and coccsidia. The little runt was acting funny and had this huge knot on her head. I was feeling it and he didnt even know so i brought it to his attention. He said the mother had been biting them and probably bit her in the head. I think she had a fractured skull. I wanted so bad to take her home but he wouldnt give her away. So i resisted and left. he said he was meeting other people there to look at pups too. so tomarrow im calling AC again so maybe just maybe they will go out to one of these addresses i got and see her and maybe get her the medical help and the rest of the puppies the help they need.

you can bash me all everyone wants for even considering taken that poor girl but she was in bad shape. But i wasnt about to pay for her and and the probably thousonds of dollars in medical bills like poor halla's story :(

See less See more
#2 ·
And yet, you JUST said, on another thread, that you still consider paying this ******* as "saving the puppies," and that you would buy from a BYB again.

You reward animal abusers with money.

Then you want sympathy and attention for the plight you got yourself into in the first place. :rolleyesww:

#3 ·
Where do you get i want sympathy and attention? I guess i missed that.
I was putting a update for the people who care to see a update. Coco on another thread mentioned also making a compliant against the guy. Maybe if enough people made complaints they would check into it because i know the conditons of those puppies as of right now and i know a animal control officer if he seen them right now would have to do something. Id hope.

#13 ·
You should have thought about animal control. It was the correct and logical thing to do. Yet you did what amounted to participating in this animal abuse. Shame on you. You had an opportunity to do the right thing and blew it.
Well there's the problem, VZ.
I'll be keeping these puppies in my thoughts.

#16 ·
Um, I'm in WV.

I may have you one-upped--at worst, it's about equally bad, here.

Funny, I've never used that as an excuse to participate actively in the culture of animal neglect and abuse .

#22 ·
Well to be honest i didnt expect them to be in that bad of shape. Like i said it was a last minute idea on the way back from taking my father up in that area. He saw them as well. Never once did it cross our minds to call the cops and clearly animal control wouldnt be open at 8pm. Its whatever though. My father said he is just a old farm breeder and thats how they do things (he is a old **** hunter) so his views differ too. Yes i wouldnt change the fact i bought these two puppies from him if i had it to do over. So bash me for it. Clearly my views differ from 95% of this forum. I can see how these guy would have ended up if i didnt take them. they would be just like those poor puppies he has now. All i can do is let animal control know the condition of the puppies he has currently since i SAW how bad they are. Beyond that it is out of my control.

#26 ·
Yes it does tell me something. This forum disagrees with how i handle situations. All i CAN do about it is contact the authorities in the morning letting them know all the pups need medical attention and one REALLY need medical attention for head trauma. Not much i can do. I have 2 seperate addresses for him so im not sure which he resides at. One address is linked to her papers and 1 address is linked to his phone number. i guess just give both.

#31 ·
Yes it does tell me something. This forum disagrees with how i handle situations. All i CAN do about it is contact the authorities in the morning letting them know all the pups need medical attention and one REALLY need medical attention for head trauma. Not much i can do. I have 2 seperate addresses for him so im not sure which he resides at. One address is linked to her papers and 1 address is linked to his phone number. i guess just give both.
You could have written down his license plate. I'm sure the police could have figured out where he lives :rolleyesww:
Good job giving him money so he can keep abusing dogs.

#27 ·
That is absolutely NOT all you can do, but it's a start.

1. You can call the guy again and tell him you've reconsidered and want to...oh, I don't know, buy your grandma a puppy for Christmas. I'm sure he won't even bat an eyelash at that. Arrange the time and place to meet.

2. You can make arrangements with AC to be there when you meet this guy at the gas station with ALL of his available puppies. Have them hang back until you've been talking with the guy for a few minutes.

And take it from there.

You seem to be looking for the easy way out. Otherwise, you wouldn't have bought from a BYB. You would've taken your time researching, saved up for a quality puppy, bought from a reputable breeder, etc.

Now, perhaps unwittingly, you put yourself back in a position where you absolutely CAN do something good for these dogs. Not just the puppies, but the parents as well. It's not going to be easy, but it's worth it!

Honestly, I don't know how you can see what you saw TWICE and just walk away from it without having a reaction that just punches you in the gut! I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least try as hard as I could to do something to make a difference somehow for some dogs in the world.

I couldn't, nor wouldn't, let it go until I did everything I could. And don't try to talk yourself out of it by rationalizing that you're just one person and you can't do much. You can turn a ripple into a wave. Just try.

#29 ·
Guys, sorry, but I think the whole undercover/animal cops/AC rushes in to the rescue scenario is highly unrealistic.

Besides, kindafugly sees nothing wrong with giving money to greeder scum like this.

Sort of an unlikely candidate for undercover sting operations on puppy millers, dontcha think?

There's nothing we can realistically do about people like her, or the scum who produced those poor pups.

We can just send vibes for the innocent pups, try to educate, then move on.

The change happens slowly, on a local basis, case by case--and thru educating those who are open to listening and learning.

#32 ·
Question : How do you eat an elephant ?

Answer: In small bites

How the uk are tackling puppy farming. It's small steps but it will be banned in this country before long.

http://www.epupz.co.uk/puppyfarm.asp

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/b/batteryfarmeddogs/

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15622976

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/hopeuk/info.htm

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/5145

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#34 ·
RFR, you're absolutely right. Perhaps I've been watching too many suspense thrillers lately. I was giving our OP waaay too much credit. But if I were in her shoes (which I can promise will NEVER happen), I couldn't sleep at night after seeing what I'd seen and doing nothing about it. But, hey, that's me.

#37 ·
This person is a lost cause. Time to move on. They think that giving money to BYB continuously is helping some puppies, but it is HURTING MORE puppies to come and encouraging this d-bag to keep producing more puppies. I am over this person and no longer wasting my energy on ignorance, feel free to join me......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.