Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Most Agressive Shutzhund Video I've Ever Seen. Man this dog is FIERCE!

3K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  lelise 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Considering the smush-face, he's got a good bite, and he certainly is enthusiastic. :)

#6 ·
I know.....me too! And I felt bad that so many people were laughing ringside. But seriously....it was hard not to.....he is so cute! And totally serious....all about business!

#14 ·
Very Cute!!, and impressive for a Frenchie. However, I don't know what "DM Grp C" means, but I do not believe that this dog could possibly have a legitimate IPO III. There were several things in the routine shown on the video that would not have been legitimate in a real trial.

I don't want to denigrate the Frenchie's performance, but it is misleading to indicate this dog is IPO III.

#16 ·
If this dog was physically capable, is there any reason why it could not title in IPO?

(by the way I am not saying it is I am asking the exact words in the question)

#20 ·
What I love most about these "off-breed" dogs doing Schutzhund exercises of any sort is how much they and their owners must be bonded to have invested so much time and effort into training, even when performance is not exactly by the book. What a mutual party! Even if the dog cannot title.

To elaborate, Matt, the jump and wall are not altered for different size dogs in IPO, as they are in agility. So, even a Chihuahua would have to retrieve 650 grams of dumbbell over a 1 meter jump to get just an IPO 1. Thus, it's unlikely a petite dog could do the retrieve over the jump and/or wall for the obedience part of the IPO.

#25 ·
There are Am Staffs in the sport, even mixed breed dogs. My point is that some dogs are unable to carry 650 grams of dumbbell over a one meter high jump without touching the jump.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mechanisms", but the rules for trials are clearly laid out: http://www.fci.be/circulaires/55-2011-annex-en.pdf

There are nuances that can lead to losing or not losing points, as with any sport, and that is what your trainer helps you learn, in addition to how to train your dog without walking on its innate drive, and how to capitalize on what drive a dog does have.

For information on dogs' various drives, you might enjoy Der Schutzhund (The Protection Dog): The Training of Working Dogs in Protection Work, by Helmut Raiser, translation by Armin Winkler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.