Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Please welcome new baby girl - Bruda Around The World Kelly

59K views 407 replies 125 participants last post by  MeadowCat 
#1 · (Edited)
It is with great dober pleasure, to announce & share our new family addition...KELLY...at 9.5 weeks old.
Last Friday we drove from Ontario, Canada, across 3 States to Illinois to get our new baby girl...with Nancy, Andrew (son) and Larry on board.
Friday was 11 hours on the road, stayed overnight in Chicago, off to breeders and back home, another 14 hours Saturday travelling.
- round trip totalling 1950 Km or 1200 miles
- she was great in the car, and we stopped several times / two of us went into a restaurants and one stayed back, to baby sit
- had lots of time to cuddle & bond some, on the loving trip home...and luckily the weather was perfect
I could not have asked for more good luck, we love our Kelly girl dearly.
- Sandra G.Hunter (aka Sandi) has a super clean facility, and 3 adult dobes, sleep in her bedroom at night / very nice and most knowledgeable breeder.

Kelly is from the pairing of:
sire: BISS GCh/Can Ch Lyndobe's Turn On Da Charm WAC CGC
dam: Ch Bruda Up In Spirit
- producding 4 girls & 5 boys = 4 black/5 red pups

FYI - Interview with Sandra G.Hunter, the famous Doberman Breeder, BRUDA DOBERMANS, Illinois USA.
Interview Date : 27th March 2004 Woodstock Dog Training School | Dog Grooming, Dog Breeds, Dog Diet, Dog Health, Training Dogs, Dog Trainers, Dog Trainer, Dog Training School, Dog Training, Dog Obedience Training, Dog Security Training, Dog Grooming Services

Stay tuned - I have lots more pictures, to share...with my DT friends / and puppy "story time" to tell.
(LOL - son taught me how to shrink & link photos, off my new camera, just last night)

Downtown Chicago, photo taken early Saturday morning...checked out before 6:00 am.

Leaving Chicago, photo from Volvo wagon window...3 more hour drive, to see our puppy.

Illinois flat countryside, lots of tall windmill's across one long stretch of hwy...another 45 minute drive, for exciting puppy time.

Mom gets first look, for her new baby - black or red girl, is still the breeders secret.

We always give our son Andrew, 1st honors to hold the family dober puppy.
- he said he will remember this family trip, for the rest of his adult life

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#87 · (Edited)
Congrats on your new lil monkey!! LOL I call my dogs monkey too. Please keep posting updates & photos. We just mailed our deposit to Sandi for the next litter due in Dec from J'Adore x Turner. I am so excited. All I can do is think about my new puppy. However it is also sad because it makes me miss my girls so much. Daisy (our last girl) died March 2011 & it has been way to long with an empty house. Kelly is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!

#89 · (Edited)
Congrats on your new lil monkey!! LOL I call my dogs monkey too. Please keep posting updates & photos. We just mailed our deposit to Sandi for the next litter due in Dec from J'Adore x Turner. I am so excited. All I can do is think about my new puppy. However it is also sad because it makes me miss my girls so much. Daisy (our last girl) died March 2011 & it has been way to long with an empty house. Kelly is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!
^^^^ Yeah Monkey, a good universal name, when the shoe fits...he-he...and more photos to come, for sure !!
That is very exciting to hear Nickie...we went doberless for only 2.5 months, and its never easy.
But the excitment sure builds up, when you actually pull the trigger & a furbaby is coming...counting off the days, is a neat feeling.

A few songs, that put me in the Chicago spirit - just wanted to share:
Frank Sinatra - Chicago Frank Sinatra - Chicago - YouTube
Frank Sinatra - My Kind Of Town (Live) Frank Sinatra - My Kind Of Town (Live) - YouTube
Chicago band - Saturday In The Park *LYRICS* Chicago- Saturday In The Park *LYRICS* - YouTube
- Saturday in the park / I think it was the Fourth of July / Saturday in the park / I think it was the Fourth of July
- People dancing, people laughing / A man selling ice cream / Singing Italian songs / Can you dig it (yes, I can)
- And I've been waiting such a long time / For Saturday

We walked a few blocks (Friday evening), to find this steak house...named after former pro basket ball star icon.

Awesome steaks, at Michael Jordan’s Steak House - unlike Canada, even side dish of mashed potatoes extra $$.

After a long drive on Friday, the “boys” look very content, with their bellies full, on 28 day aged beef, grilled to perfection.

Picture taken from the Chicago downtown hotel, while checking out early Saturday morning...and waiting for our car.
- overnight parking @ $54, was a shocker

Quick Saturday morning photo from car, leaving city of Chicago...on way to Sandi’s place....Kelly is waiting.

#91 · (Edited)
Driving out of Chicago, early Saturday morning...huge neon bill board sign, caught my eye.

Sandi the breeder, leads us out to view the Spirit/Turner off-spring...our first moment, seeing the litter in person.
- our baby girl is in there somewhere...he-he

Mom gets puppy kissed on her hand, first physical contact with litter.

Nice scenic town, for lunch stop, 1.5 hour drive from Bruda Dobermans, heading home.
Just a very nice & quaint small town / I grew up on a farm, and lived between a town & village growing up (minus horse rides).

Kelly’s first potty pit stop, on edge of towns railroad tracks...Nancy and Andrew, just back from a local restaurant.
- and babysitting Dad, has some takeout lunch now

During the drive, back to Ontario Canada, probably stopped a dozen times, and 6x Kelly went potty...no accidents, in the Volvo.

During the car ride home...Kelly on her Saturday 14 hour travel adventure, she was quite good...and no car sickness.
- got to love, puppy bellies

Kelly looking straight into the camera and Andrew snapped her photo from the car front seat, with his iPhone.
- half the trip home, driving in the dark of night, didn’t make for extra pictures (sorry)

^^^^ This basically concludes our family 2 day trip photos (covering a total of 1200 miles – from Ontario, through 3 States and back).

Oh boy!!! What a beautiful pup!!! I am very jealous of your family to have a Bruda pup.... maybe someday! Please keep the pictures coming.
^^^^ Awwww, your in luck & much thanks everyone...for your comments, full of much puppy joy & kindness !!
I plan to post Kelly pictures from home next / continuing the special puppy moments...hope to share more !!

#93 · (Edited)
Fri.---> we drove to Sarnia (Canada) and crossed the USA boarder at Port Huron, MI.
---> through Michigan ---> into Indiana, arount the lower tip of Lake Michigan ---> overnight in Chicago, Illinois
Sat.---> from Chicago, headed S/W through Illinois, to breeder / and straight back home, to Ontario, Canada

Sam, if your in Wisconsin, sorry we missed dropping in...tell Mabel, his kissy/kissy has been Kelly accepted, over the internet.
(xoxo back, and much thanks)
Baby Kelly, today climbed the 2nd floor stairs, when she thinks someone, got out of her eye sight...she is a lot of fun / attachment now there.

Kelly "giraffe" gets chewed, on one end daily...Dad trims the frayed rope, with scissors...before the loose cords, get bitten off.

#97 · (Edited)
I almost forgot to share these photos:
Since I didn’t see the exact “train of events” with a camera (Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1) stuck in my face.
- but heard the story & snapped the 2 timely shots

We soon realized, our Kelly was a real character (w/confidence).
In the outside play area, when she rammed/jumped on one of the boys (putting him down, and got on top, playing dominating over him).
Next she ran off to sit pretty, by herself (in the back fenced corner)...like nothing ever happened...really !!
Projecting "I am a good girl Mom".
- while looking for Sandi, to see if she had seen the conflict, and maybe be in some sort of little puppy trouble...LOL

Kelly runs back to brothers & sisters, to meet up again, with her mates...they all loved the trampoline play time.

Thks Elzajpn, I was in the back seat with Kelly, almost to close for good shots.
When she was sitting pretty, I qiickly asked Amdrew in front bucket, take the quick pose shot.
- and don't chop off her cheetah cup (I said)...he-he...DT members, like good photos
Diva yes - yesterday, she was barking at the brick of cheeze, in the kitchen...little cheeze hound !!

#102 · (Edited)
Oh, my goodness. How did I miss this great news? Congratulations on your new little girl. I hope your journey with Kelly will be as wonderful as your time with sweet Amy. I'm sure Amy is contentedly watching over the new addition to your family.
^^^^ So sweet of you to acknowledge senior Amy (like so many here)...she taught us so much, and we will always miss her humanized spirit dearly - and Yes, training the new puppy, Amy does live on some - Thank You, for these very kind, thoughts.
Amy can now smile down on her loving family, from above...as Kelly is home !!

Kelly and Dad headed outside, for potty time &/or outside play.
- she got stressed on our 1st car ride around town, so next day I fed her some kibble, on the Escalade front seat...this helped

Kelly loves to run into the front flower beds and pick up a good maple leaf or a stick, she can find.

Some sound or movement, caught Kelly’s attention, across the road.

Noticeable perimeter boundaries realized early, with the help of my voice pitch and constant supervision.
- luckily we live down a short dead end street, making off-leash work easier

#103 ·
CONGRATS. BEAUMONT!!!!!
Your baby girl looks adorable.
I think she will be a perfectly trained Trunk Monkey.
Nubis and myself will have to get out there sometime for some dobe socializing and the beitch Kelly put him in his place. Lol

Reactions: Beaumont67
#107 · (Edited)
*clears throat* I believe its time for someone to post some new pictures *cough cough*
^^^^ Update - sorry, for the Kelly’s photo delay - now sharing some more of the early Styrofoam cup head period...he-he.
- I was missing one small critical step in squeezing the original 6-9MB computer picture files...stuff the young crowd, take for granted.
- Kelly likes to use her mouth/teeth outside, so I thought it was cute with a sequence of shots & luckily got some taken of her without running around the yard and blurring my amateur shots.

And we wish all our great DT friends, a safe and most wonderful holiday season...with family & friends & dobers !!

Kelly found a "maple leaf" ... lots of good finds, under this tree.

O'h a stick now found on the front lawn .... should be good for chewing on.

Helps to use a paw, once in a while ... Kelly learning how to hold her play treasures.

Kelly getting her little tongue, in the action.

Kelly's "most happy" face expression.

Kelly says Dad, “your not being funny – now let me inside ASAP”.

#111 ·
Haha, she sure is a busy girl!!! Puppies are such a trip, aren't they.:):):)

#113 · (Edited)
Haha, she sure is a busy girl!!! Puppies are such a trip, aren't they.:):):)
A trip is right, puppy attention 24/7 in the beginning...LOL

Thanks all, for the very nice Kelly sentiments.

I just got some more photos that are still on my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX1 camera memory stick...a few minutes ago.
Wife is baking her home made Skor bars (a favorite, with our son), and Kelly just got her first marrow bone, to keep her out of the kitchen.
- she is even staying on the blankie 99% of the time, and is fully entertaining herself on her new chew bone / puppy heaven, at its best
Kelly is learning a few more words tonight - KELLY's BONE BONE, LAY DOWN, BLANKIE (and she let us take the bone freely, the few times we tried).

When I get the photos downloaded, I will throw in a Skor bar photo on the cookie sheet, prior to heading into the oven...Yum-Yum.
- our son is staying over XMas eve with his little Trevor (YorkiePoo), and any left over bars, he takes home the next day...they are to die for

#116 ·
Oh, I make this too! I don't use nuts, only because I want nothing at all to cut the sweetness. ;) Absolutely delicious, and so easy to make! I hope you guys enjoy.

Even though I already have the recipe, I'll still say thanks for posting! This stuff is awesome. The bars I was talking about I never made before, I just came across the recipe tonight...thought it looked interesting but wasn't jumping out of my seat. These are MUCH better! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.