Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Which Puppy would You Choose

973 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ShelianDobe 
#1 · (Edited)
So I havent got my puppy yet im waiting till about DEC 18 till i get it. The puppy is comeing from Pat Reinhart at Shadeko Dobermans. I am very excited. These are Pics of the litter. I know how you people here at DT love pics. soo which one would u take i have my eye on a couple. but thats for me to know.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y387/Runkn/untitled32.png

See less See more
#2 ·
They're cute but based on three pictures I couldn't pick my favorite. I mean, who wouldn't want ALL OF THE PUPPIES?!?! (Though, somebody else can deal with the puppy madness).

I didn't get to visit my boy's litter but my parents and boyfriend did and they sent me a TON of pictures. I tried really hard not to pick a favorite because the breeder was picking out the puppy for me and I trusted her decision - I certainly didn't know the puppies well enough nor did I know how to tell which would best fit my life style. That being said, I did develop a slight crush on the green-collar boy, who, when I got pictures, was often in my bf's lap. That's the pup I got but it was due to no intervention on my part. I got lucky, lol!

You've already started the longest few months of your life - the wait is horrible but so worth it!!

#3 ·
man, i remember the time period before meeting the litter. it was hard as heck to wait to meet them! we ended up bringing home the littlest of the bunch...he picked me, and his personality meshed well with us. i would definitely let the breeder pick the best pup for you.

#5 ·
Probably better to talk to the breeder about their blooming personalities, which is very important to know. They will all be somewhat different to interact with people. Had litters with my first bitch and the pups were very different from each other and the way they interacted with each other. There's definitely roles amongst the litter mates. Pick one or two tentatively (if you have that privilege) and follow progress within the litter and with people. Then maybe you can choose by personality which is very important to the outcome with you as a human. Have fun.

#6 ·
I'd either let the breeder pick, or I'd rely on them heavily to help me pick. They should know the temperaments of the parents, they should know what's common in their lines, and they spend the most time around the adorable little puppy monsters so they will likely be able to help you pinpoint the "right" puppy for you depending on what your expecting.

Good luck.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
#7 ·
no collar is a brute. :)

for some reason I like him.

he seems to be a calm pup, layed back but is the boss............. he is respected in the whelping box by his siblings. :)

love them at this age. :)

oh, and the above stuff.........just an assumption. :)

Congratulations on your upcoming puppy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.