Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Hi all

932 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Matt Vandart 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Anton, i have just got my 2nd Dobie, the first one was when i was only 5 ive waited 20 years and spent 10 years in a flat and not been able to get a dobie for that reason, finally we have moved and i have got Caesar. he is 4 months old on 6th Nov.

Mother and father were both protection trained and he has a good history with British and German champs in his bloodline. I signed up as i had been googling away and a lot of my questions were answered by threads on this forum so it was a no brainer to sign up and share Caesars progress, my godmother has a 8 year old Rottie male who i have spent a lot of time with and helped bring up (only lives 2 mins walk) so i have experience with a large dog and of course great memories of our 1st Dobie although i was a little too small to say i trained him lol.

Off for a walk up "Whippy" Woods with his sister and 3 other dogs ill be a regular visitor to the forum

and a pic

See less See more
#2 ·
Well hello Caesar, aren't you cute. :D
Hi Anton & welcome from wet & windy Essex, you're not too far up the road from me, about an hour or so drive away.
Looking forward to watching your handsome boy growing up. More pics please, we're puppy addicts here.;)

#6 ·
your dobie is stunning,

this might not be too everyones agreement but this is how i got Caes..

i actually brought him off a friend, he went to get himself a dobie (he has an english bull, bulldog and a mastiff/rottie) he came back with Missy and Caesar, they were the 1st litter and he isnt from a reputable breeder but i have seen photos of both parents papers and am just awaiting Caesars. he had done all the relevant checks and he has great experience with dogs. when i get his papers through i will post up a bit of a profile of Caes.

I must admit had my friend not came home with 2 i may not have a dobie just yet as i have only just moved and although i have always planned to get another dobie Caes was a bit of a lucky acquisition, i got a tax rebate the day after my friend came home with the dogs im not superstitious but what else can be said about the timing other than fate??

i admit there is a lot of trust in my friend as he is the one who did the necessary research but i know his passion for dogs and as i said for me it was more of a spur of the moment opportunity to get a dobie quicker than planned but it was inevitable that i would get one

#7 ·
Thank you very much! I didn't mean to sound questioning/accusing, I was just wondering as youre not far from me and I know of a few litters around his age, I was wondering if I knew any of his family :)

All the best for you both, look forward to seing more pictures of him as he grows up :) and it's great you've found the forum if you need any help/advice at all

#9 ·
oh it didnt :nicejob: but i know that a lot of people really go to length to ensure the history of the dog and breeder and i know there is a fair few breeders of all dogs breeds that are only in it for the profit and not the continuation of quality and i kind of shortcutted all of that

#12 ·
He is awesome!

I am also interested in his lineage and breeder if you can find out that info it would be very cool!

How old is he by the way?

#15 ·
Cool, be sure to let us know as if they were protection trained there is a good chance they have good working temperaments.
It would be interesting to see if they are in my bitches lines also.

Nice one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.