Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

RIP Julio (Spring 2003-11/15/2012)

2K views 22 replies 23 participants last post by  Q734 
#1 ·
I lost my little Spanish Timbrado, Julio, today. He had a long and good life for a canary (9+ years). He was a little guy with a huge song in his heart which I'm going to miss. RIP Julio.

Julio at 8 years...not a fancy canary, but he had a beautiful song...

Jan

See less See more
#9 ·
I'm sorry you lost your little fellow. Birds can be such delightful and cheery company. Certainly sounds like he had a full long life with your care. Again, sorry he is gone.

Godspeed, Julio.

#15 ·
So sorry for your loss, Julio was a pretty bird.

Many years ago I had a canary and I swear he looked just like Julio. When we went to the store I wasn't crazy about his colour, I wanted a fancy one. The guy said to me he had a beautiful song and told me to bring him home. Then he said if I wasn't happy with him he would take him back. After a couple of days he started singing, I was amazed how he would hit the high and low notes. I recorded him and I still have a couple of tapes that I listen to now and then. His name was Scruffy, it broke my heart when he died.

#16 ·
So sorry for your loss.

I had two canaries once. The first one I had was not a pretty boy. But oh did he sing.

Next time I decided to get a fancy one. What a pain in the you know what. He had to have all kinds of vitamins and would only sing when he was breeding himself! What a creep!

My bird cage got all dirty from his "stuff." So I gave him away. I got sick of it. He was also an attack bird. I use to act like I was scared of him. So he'd try and get me.

He was a very aggressive male. I wish I had taken him back.

But you remind me of my ugly bird before him. He was the best. And, I've heard the lesser looking ones are the best of the singers.

So if I ever got a canary again, I'd take the uglist bird available. The pretty boy wasn't so pretty after all. He sure sang a hard song though...You always knew what he was doing by the seriousness of the song. Glad I didn't have kids yet.

#18 ·
Aww I am sorry, he was beautiful. I love birds. I had a parakeet, and a cockatiel sp? anyway, they were delightful, couldn't sing but they loved to get out of their cages and sit on my shoulder and yes poop haha. I also came close to buying a cockatoo, (I think ) all white with that beautiful crown, o my he was the sweetest bird I have ever seen.

You had him for a long time and I know you are missing him. So so sorry.

#23 ·
Thank you for sharing Julio with us and I'm very sorry for your loss.
That you loved and cared for one of the smallest of creatures says a lot about the quality of soul one has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.