Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Official... Secret Santa Torture.... I mean hint thread

40K views 768 replies 58 participants last post by  honda123 
#1 ·
Sooooooooooo

I'll be the first. Feel free to post hints, presents you may or may not be getting your victim. Have fun... MWAHAHAHAHAHA I know I will

My victim is not in the same state as me. or are they?

#566 ·
If your victim is in overseas

I went to the post office and I was advised to check the prohibited or conditional items in advance to seal and send a package to overseas. These vary depending on a country. They showed me the list; my victim's country graciously allows to import "pet food" conditional upon "non commercial use" and reasonable amount.
Definitely you cannot export/transport a toy "with batteries" if you send it by plane. Batteries must be removed.
I really hope the custom of my victim's country won't be suspicious and hold my package!

#568 ·
I went to the post office and I was advised to check the prohibited or conditional items in advance to seal and send a package to overseas. These vary depending on a country. They showed me the list; my victim's country graciously allows to import "pet food" conditional upon "non commercial use" and reasonable amount.
Definitely you cannot export/transport a toy "with batteries" if you send it by plane. Batteries must be removed.
I really hope the custom of my victim's country won't be suspicious and hold my package!
Well, if you're sending to Canada, pretty sure they would let in a big rocket-shaped package that was beeping ;)

Reactions: Elzajpn
#570 ·
Can I send my package yet? I really want to send it... It's just staring at me....

Hint to throw you off....
My victim might know what a "Daisy cutter" is, or maybe "Lope"

#573 ·
Strike you off my list :)

Down to 6 maybe and 7 that haven't even posted in the thread or haven't given clues...
Kinda curious to see if my SS is one of the 6 I narrowed it down too

#574 ·
is it Dec 1st yet?!?!? Luckily for my wallet, I wrapped and sealed the box for my ss (who might I add is well over twice the "budget") because I want to keep buying more presents every time I go to the store! :D But, hey twice the budget COULD = twice the fun, which proportionally MIGHT = twice the dobie ;)

#582 ·
National Lampoons Xmas show is my favourite. we watch it every year. That big Rottie jumping on the table reminds me so much of our first Dobe Garth.

Porchelai, I would happily send you a cat. I have 2.

Lets see, my big Thoroughbred has beautiful daisy cutter movement, he shows Hunter.
And my Quarterhorse has a soft rocking horse lope.
But I wasn't paying attention to every other clue. dang it.

Wrapped each gift last night and stuffed my box full. I am a little worried about shipping oversees. I will post my shipping costs later today.

Did I mention that I included a tin of Tim Hortons coffee in my box.
(I hope non Canadians know what that is)

#585 ·
Dear SS Victim:

I heard some rustling around last night and when I went to investigate Luci had snitched another pizzle stick...... apparently they're her most favorite of all b/c she's left everything else alone.

On a funny note, I got to explain to my husband what a pizzle is....... he wasn't amused :)

#589 ·
Wow. You guys are all tricksy. My victim will know it's me once they open their box :)

#627 ·
EEEK.. You had me worried for awhile.

We also live in the N subs of IL and we were missing a box?

I didn't want to say anything... :hmmm:

But, today, in the Chicago area, December 70 degrees in the AM rain, upon opening our front door, I discovered our # 2 dog.com box, sitting all lonely, wet, in the rain. :shhhh: :clap_1:

Thank you very much Mr/Ms UPS.

Now, to start sorting and sending for Elves and SS. Yeh! :clap2:

#593 ·
Finished packing both SS and elvish boxes today, so both ready to send. After sealing rescue box good and tight and secure, realized I'd left out something for the human. So I guess I'll have to send it separately. That box was crammed so tightly (my little black kitty destroyed the designated box...she just loves to tear up boxes and punch holes in plastic stuff) wouldn't have fit anyway.

#594 ·
December 1st....my box is shipped (with insurance and tracking, just for lolo :) )!

#596 ·
We have a crazy busy day today...baby shower and fundraiser tonight, so I'm hoping to get the packages sealed up tomorrow and mailed out Mon. or Tues. Might be lucky for our SS or Rescue because there are always some good auction items at this event, which may have to be bid on...so who knows what else could find its way into the boxes after tonight.

And maybe...just MAYBE a little something for Rowan. He has been so good watching me bring home all this stuff for other dogs and his mommy is not one of those nice mommies who buys double of everything. Poor, neglected dog. ;)

#597 ·
Stuffed everything into a box yesterday and went to post office.
My shipping for this one box to my special recipient was $140.00.

I had to ship it by November 30 to guarantee Christmas delivery. I added insurance and a tracking number.

There is a second box to go also, but I am waiting for this custom gift to be sent to me first. Seems the Canadian and American holidays slowed down our mail.
I will have to send that package by air. Hopefully its not too expensive to ship.

I also have to send my big charity/rescue box out of the country. Boy these
shipping charges are killing me.

#600 ·
Stuffed everything into a box yesterday and went to post office.
My shipping for this one box to my special recipient was $140.00.

I had to ship it by November 30 to guarantee Christmas delivery. I added insurance and a tracking number.

There is a second box to go also, but I am waiting for this custom gift to be sent to me first. Seems the Canadian and American holidays slowed d
Pown our mail.
I will have to send that package by air. Hopefully its not too expensive to ship.

I also have to send my big charity/rescue box out of the country. Boy these
shipping charges are killing me.
$140?!? Holy cow, those are insane shipping charges!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.