Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The 12 Years Of Lily - 12 Day Photo/Video Countdown! Happy 12th Birthday Lily!

6K views 58 replies 28 participants last post by  LindaH 
#1 ·
Hello DT. It's 12 days to Lily's 12th birthday! I figured it was time to celebrate! Lily was born on November 11th, 2000!

Here are a few pics when she was in her first year. I'll post new pics/videos every day for every year I've had her!

Everyone who meets her would describe her as, sweet, shy, sensitive, cuddle bug, food drooler, squirrel barker, couch queen.

Some of you may have seen her at the Dobe Nationals. She came along, as she just didn't want to be left home..... She was a big hit.....and loved the many pieces of chicken, wieners and liver that magically came out of people's pockets when they saw the sweet senior girl!

She participated in the full heart work up that was being provided.....and I'm happy to report.....her heart is 100% healthy!!! She's slowing down these days, but still plugging along. She perks right up in the backyard, or when cookies are around!

So without further ado. Here is baby Lily - Year #1.

8 weeks old!

Comfy Chair

Loving The Sun

It's a tough life being cute.

See less See more
#28 ·
Day 6! We're half way there!
It's funny how I'm remembering my whole life doing this exercise! Sometimes I find the pics by remember what I was doing that year....or more commonly...remembering what show I was doing. Or I'll see a pic, and will have to figure out when it was taken. Crazy...how many awesome things there are to remember! My question is.....where were they in my brain.....before.....I remembered them! ha

So here is year 2006!

Lily and Strider at the huge off leash beach.

Camping with a friend.

Jump!!!

Lily finished agility Level 1. She HATED it. She only did it because I asked her to. I also got her certified as a therapy dog.....and she HATED it.
So we didn't do either. It really stressed her out and she much preferred to swim, camp, sleep on the couch, chase squirrels and get petted.

Christmas 2006
Tiny (My Parent's dog), Strider and Lily

#33 ·
Who's been slacking???? That's right... ME!
Okay....
YEAR 7!!! 2007!

This was a tough year......as Lily pulled her ACL......and had a full TPLO....
I had to carry her by myself up and down the stairs...... Not fun.
So here are pics of No Knee Lily, and her new 6K $ knee!!!
She's a trooper. Recovered like a pro.

Lily and Strider in my parent's backyard.

Double sleeping dobes!

Christmas Lily

#35 ·
Year 8 ....2008
Now I have more pics as I got a phone with a camera!!! OH Technology.
How you change....and now POOF. Way more pics!!!

Plus I also have a video!!!
Here's Lily's 8th Birthday. PS. I really didn't kick my dog. :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=94898780524&set=vb.549715524&type=3&theater

By my house

Dogs at my parents house.

Oh....2008 is also when I got my foster dog Buster.
This is a recent pic of him.....as you wouldn't want to see what he looked like when I first got him. Just terrible. He still had bad behavior to date....but better then when he came. I think he would pretty much be un adoptable as he's still a random biter. To strangers that is...not family. My brother and his GF adopted him....and he splits time between them and my parents. He is doing really well.....and thrives at my parents house.
Whenever I used to walk him with the dobes... people would want to pat him....and I'd say. Don't look at him or touch him.....but totally go ahead and pat either doberman. ha

Christmas 2008

#37 ·
Year 9! 2009.
This year, we had a scare with Bloat.
I was away for part of the year on the US National Tour of The Lion King.
I took Strider with me....because he could travel well.....airports and hotels ect.
Lily stayed with my parents. And luckily , they caught it in time and rushed her to the ER vet. I left tour for a few days to be with her.....and her recovery was SO quick!

And that was 3 years ago. And she's still going strong!

Here are some pics of Lily.....age 9.

#39 ·
Day 10!!! Look who's 10!!!

This was taken on Lily's 10th Birthday.

The cake I made for Lily's party.

Laser Lily at her Bday Party

Christmas 2010

#41 ·
Year 11!!!!

This was a happy and sad year.

My boy Strider died from complications from lyphoma on October, 28.
http://www.dobermantalk.com/rainbow-bridge/60767-strider.html

And on a happy note....Lily turned 11 on 11/11/2011! It was her champagne birthday. We had a big party, and Lily was the star.
I can't believe tomorrow is her big day! 12!!!!!!!!!

Here's Lily last year on her 11th birthday!

Lily at her Champagne Birthday Party.

Lily sniffing the dip at her party!

I made trifle!

Party goodies!

Lily and I at her party!

This pic was taken last December. Lily's had her Chillydog coat for around 6 years....still looks as good as new....and I love it.
I put her snood on her too. She's not impressed.

Thanks for looking at my pics DT!
A big lick for you! Kisses!

#45 ·
Day 12!!! Year 2012!!!
Lily, you're a big girl now!
Here's a little birthday video I made of the birthday girl.

I made her into a Doberman Burrito.
.....no Dobermans were harmed or eaten in the making of this video!
Doberman Burrito - YouTube

#46 ·
:fireworks:Best thread I have seen on the entire site!

She still looks so young!

12 years old! you are both so fortunate, Happy birthday Lilly!:fireworks:

Reactions: dapple
#52 ·
Awwwwww... Thanks for the lovely words. Everyone should try a mini documentation one day. It's actually a bit of work....harder then I thought it was going to be....sorting, categorizing, figuring out the time line....and when the heck we did what and where!!! But it's great because you're forced to figure it all out....and you are reminded of amazing moments that were way in the back of your memory, and get to enjoy them all again.

I feel really lucky to have shared my life with Lily for 12 years. And since I work from home a lot, and when I'm doing a show, I'm only away from her for a few hours at a time....and when I'm on the road with a tour of a show.....she travels with me too...... We've really spent almost every hour of every day together! She's sleeping on my shoulder right now. She's been nothing but a joy.

Thanks DT for loving her too!

#55 ·
Happy 13th Birthday Lily!
One more year full of barking at squirrels, telling new puppies to buzz off, and snoozing on the couch!

Here is Lily at the beach this past summer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.