Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

2012 training wish list

5K views 63 replies 34 participants last post by  R2reddobes 
#1 ·
I got this idea off another dog forum, it's a fun place to keep track of training goals and see what we can all achieve over the year! Goals in any sports are welcome!

My training wish list:

Number 1- Finally get my own dog (been at least 3 years in the making!) and start working on a really great sports foundation. Would love to compete in at least one sport (rally perhaps!) by the end of the year with my own dog!

Mojo (the giant Schnauzer)
- Have the first agility titled Giant in NZ!
- JD title
- AD title
- See if I can sort myself out and give rally a try.

#4 ·
- Pass TDI evaluation
- Start training for rally & obedience
- RN title
- BN title
- CD title would be a dream :)
- Possibly start tracking since Lillie thinks she's a bloodhound

#39 ·
- Pass TDI evaluation
- Start training for rally & obedience
- RN title
- BN title
- CD title would be a dream :)
- Possibly start tracking since Lillie thinks she's a bloodhound
Well, we're substituting agility for rally & obedience right now. Wish me luck in learning and remembering everything :) Maybe we can get into a rally class by the end of the year!

#43 ·
Dreizehn - Certified Therapet

Dreizehn's possible "sister" - get her --> STAR Puppy (if I do get her in the next year)

Dreizehn's Therapet plans are being put off. Life got very busy for me.
I did get a "sister" dog, yay Ruthie. And while she was too old to get her S.T.A.R. puppy she passed her CGC so I think that counts.

Next comes Agility for Ruthie.

#8 ·
3 titles so far for Jones. My goal was at least 1 this year.

2012:

ASCA: Finish Elite and start on ATCH (That's 1 jumper 2 Reg and 3 gamblers titles before we can even start)
AKC: Get to Elite status in everything! (First AKC trial this weekend)

- Pass CGC test
- Go to DPCA National (I really want to go!)
- Try Rally at some point.

#48 ·
ASCA: Finish Elite and start on ATCH (That's 1 jumper 2 Reg and 3 gamblers titles before we can even start)
AKC: Get to Elite status in everything! (First AKC trial this weekend)

- Pass CGC test
- Go to DPCA National (I really want to go!)
- Try Rally at some point.
ASCA: Jones needs half a Q for RS-E title and 2 more titles for GS-E... There are 2 more trials before the end of this year so it is very obtainable still

AKC: Jones has no titles in AKC yet: He needs 1 Q in both Std and JWW... We have a trial next weekend so fingers crossed. (We might see Adara's Flirts sister there :) )

Pass CGC- Everytime a test comes up I am busy, but Jones did get his Therapy dog so if he passed that I am sure he can pass the CGC

DPCA national... Unfortunately I will not be able to attend that, between having to buy a new car, finances are not in my favor... Maybe next time

Haven't stepped foot in a Rally ring...

I don't think I am doing too bad as far as goals are concerned

#40 ·
V finished his RN. Has 2 legs for his RA.

Got his TDI

Started trailing in agility. Got his S-BTA in docna & has 2 jumpers q's

Have also trialed in USDAA & AKC. One each venue. No q's so far but he is figuring out it is a team sport.

New goal is to have his contacts 100% so we can run in WA this summer on our vacation! He needs to get his teeter up to full height so we can run standards classes.

#11 ·
Get Elka's Intermediate Trick Dog Title (or Advanced, if I bag ITD before the year is out. We're close!)

Get more reliable behaviors: loose leash, heel, attention, stay etc. Elka has a lot of "half learned" stuff, nothing that she's absolutely all the time 100% on (except for some fun tricks. She'll pretty much always "spin" or "testify")

Wouldn't mind finding a trainer to work with, and get some hours in training dogs that are not mine, to see if that's really my goal or if I've just been fantasizing.

#52 ·
Hmm, revisiting my goals.

"Get more reliable behaviors" has been a definite success! Loose leash is fanastic and heel is improving nicely (on and off leash), we do "look at that" for super-interesting but verboten things.

Still no closer to the Intermediate trick title, as I'm lazy, and they changed the freaking list, so things we were working on became not useful for purposes of qualifying for the title.

No trainer, and haven't trained dogs not mine. A Petco is opening in town, though, either late this year or early next year (facade at mall pretty much done already), so we'll see where that takes me.

#14 ·
2012 Goals for Maiya:
- K9 Nose Work - ORT and enter trial for NW1
- Get certified for trial for TD. If/when certified, cross my fingers that I can win a trial lotto. I hear it isn't easy to get a spot.
- WAE (?)
- Enter at least one or two rally trials

For the puppy.
- start Rally classes
- start Nose Work training
- AKC S.T.A.R. puppy
- CGC test

Most important: More RELIABLE Recall training

#55 ·
I love this thread - reading about other people's training goals and accomplishments. Here's my update:

- Maiya passed ORT and earned her NW1 title. Training continues for NW2.
- She took her tracking certification test earlier this summer and just quit when she was over half way through. Lesson learned. Will try again when the weather is cooler. In the meantime, training continues.
- Decided to wait until next year.
- Other than a fun match, haven't entered any other rally trials.
- NEW GOAL: Continue to work towards Intermediate Trick Title.

Gio:
- Enrolled him in one rally class but he wasn't focused enough. Oddly enough, he did better in formal OB classes.
- We've taken several sessions of NW.
- He's an AKC STAR puppy.
- will most likely wait until next year.
- NEW GOAL: Continue conformation training. He now has 4 points (AKC).

#28 ·
A few updates to our original goals ...

• Decided to try Rally before BN, so going to shoot to get our RN by late spring. Then target BN for hopefully later this summer.
  • I also have a goal to pass (or at least take!) the WAE in September when it's offered by one of the So Cal Dobe clubs, which I forgot to list.
  • And we're now up to 6 AKC points. Making progress on that CH! Hoping to see a few more points, and maybe even single out from some upcoming shows, if we are lucky. :)

#21 ·
My goals aren't nearly as impressive as the rest of yours, but I'll share them anyways:

I want to continue to rehabilitate Stella and work with her through her fear aggression in hopes that she can find a perfect forever home to live out the rest of her life. We've come so far together in our modification training, but I would really like to see her comfortable and calm in all situations.

My ultimate goal, if I have her this long, is to be able to take her to rescue events and represent all the dogs that are dumped because of behavioral issues and prove to people that with time, patience, and understanding it's possible to have the perfect dog :D

I would also be very open to getting a CGC with her, but that's only a dream at the moment.

#23 ·
Well, now that we just got our BH title...

My goal for 2012 is to make progress toward a Schutzhund 1 title...maybe even get it by the end of next year?? A girl can dream, right? No big deal, we only have to teach three forced retrieves, a send out, a stand in motion, a protection routine, and be able to do a SchH 1 track. ;)

#24 ·
This is a great thread!

Since Zeus is dog reactive and has bilateral hip dypslasia, our goals are a little "special":

1. Be ready and able to parallel walk with another dog on leash in various locations.
2. Be ready and able to walk around local resevior without any reactions/explosions where dogs MUST be leashed.
3. Be able to go to local dog park and parrallel walk the outside perimeter fence w/out any reactions/explosions.
4. Be able to attend a small "scenting" class without any reactions/explosions.
5. Be able to complete a Rally "run-through" course without any reactions/explosions.
6. Obtain his CGC.

#25 ·
Wow you have so many freakin titles I got lost reading all of them haha:).

Since we were too lazy to do it this year, in the beginning of 2012 we will FINALLY be passing our BH. We just have so much fun training and doing bitework, perfecting every sit, down etc, we just didn't get around to actually go to the exam lol.

Start competing in BH.

Continue training for IPO, I am curious how the tracking will go, that is the biggest concern out of all three disciplines.. Fingers crossed.

If it will go well, get the IPO1.

Get another dog (maybe I should put this down for 2013 or 14..).

Oh, and of course the biggest wish.. Finally get a solid recall off cats. It is just unbelievable, her cat obsession, she is such a predator, I can't even believe it. So santa's e collar will be starting to help us reach our goal we'we been pursuing for the longest time.

#26 ·
My training wish list 04/01/2012:

Number 1- Finally get my own dog (been at least 3 years in the making!) and start working on a really great sports foundation.
Would love to compete in at least one sport (rally perhaps!) by the end of the year with my own dog!

Mojo (the giant Schnauzer)
- Have the first agility titled Giant in NZ!
- JD title
- AD title
- See if I can sort myself out and give rally a try.

#30 ·
My training wish list 04/01/2012:

Number 1- Finally get my own dog (been at least 3 years in the making!) and start working on a really great sports foundation.
Would love to compete in at least one sport (rally perhaps!) by the end of the year with my own dog!
My training wish list 27/04/2012:

Would love to compete in at least one sport (rally perhaps!) by the end of the year with my own dog.

More goals to add! We would love:
- RN
- CD
- CGC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.